Thursday, February 3, 2011

INTRODUCTORY!!!!





Dear fellow Colleagues


My name is Samuel Sohn and I just wanted to give a brief introduction of myself! I was born in the Windy City AKA Chicago and moved to San Diego after finishing 2nd grade. My whole education was gone through the Poway District. Went to Tierra Bonita Elementary School, Twin Peaks Middle School and finally Poway High School.


I then went to U.C.L.A. and received my Bachelors in Math Applied Science (Actuarial Plan).


With the economic crisis that decreased our employment rate, I decided to go back to school and pursue my education and become a math professor.

I have a few hobbies which I'd like to share. The first one is Basketball. Been playing this sport all my life and still play whenever I get the free time to. The second is my addiction in the reef aquariums/saltwater tanks! Lastly, my other hobby is playing instruments. I have played pretty much every instrument available such as: violin, piano, oboe, clarinet, english horn, piano/keyboard, drums, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, base guitar,  etc.


I was fortunate to help out as a student teacher at EBS elementary school for 6 months and counting. I was helping out Mr. Shobar who is the 5th grade math teacher there. Being able to teach lessons and help students on a one on one basis helped me tremendously on wanting to pursue my career as a math professor at a higher extent.


Some technology that I used in the classroom are overhead projectors. Not the old school ones we used to have when we were in school, but the ones that shoots a camera from the top and projects it to the projector. We also used mac books and clickers were important. Having a clicker helped us to walk around the classroom instead of always being in front of the classroom.
I have used a mac book for the past 4 years. Still a learning progress but would say I am in the intermediate/expert level. I love how technology is shaping the world of education. Hopefully this course will give an insight on learning new technology as time goes on!


The mission statement at COE interested me the most when they talk about collaboration. I like this because our generation can collaborate to change the future of the educational world instead of listening to only professors and becoming like how they teach or what they teach. I know CSUSM is a top school for the credential program and cannot wait to grow and be molded to an amazing teacher next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment