Saturday, February 19, 2011

Technology Self-Assessment: School 2.0 (NETS-T IV)

Upon taking this assessment I realized that I am not as integrated with technology as I assumed. There were 2 interested topics that I researched furthermore.
The first topic I researched was "Help your class go Global." This is an interesting article because going global can expand a students learning an a teachers teaching. This article gives couple tools to expand the global learning such as "skype," "google earth," and "TagGalaxy" which can further enhance a teachers lesson. Technology these days has been crucial compared to back then when I was in school. Being able to do a simple video chat from a teacher from another state or even another country is going to change the world of teaching using different aspects/opinions and using a collaborative lesson.
The second topic I researched was "Top ten web 2.0 for young learners" I choose this article because I believe in this technological world we should learn how to use these tools. I believe traditional teachers who rarely use technology or teachers that does not want to participate in using technology hurts the next generation of students in their learning. I believe these tools will enhance our teaching and can only create a positive atmosphere in the classrooms. This article is a basic teaching of certain websites out there to get us started.

The nets that I researched was:

4. I involve students in opportunities to develop cultural understanding and global awareness through digital-age communications and collaboration projects with students from other countries.



No comments:

Post a Comment